The MercuryWorks Winter gathering was a success and a ton of fun!
Mid-December saw MercuryWorks celebrate an important tradition – our winter DevWeek! We flew all MercuryWorks developers and engineers into Tampa (well, a couple were sick and couldn’t make it) for several days to collaborate, getting better at what we do.
While we are a proudly remote-first company, we highly value the importance of shared team time, the “extra something special” that in-person interaction adds and the value of taking some focused time to focus our collective application development direction. That, in a nutshell, is what MercuryWorks DevWeek is all about!
Some of our activities include:
- Recap accomplishments against major initiatives set during Summer DevWeek
- Lay down themes for 2024
- Scrum team lunches and retrospectives
- Guild meetings (front-end, back-end, Product and Power Platform)
- Major engagement real-time development and collaboration sessions
- Happy hour. Well, several happy hours.
Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.— Steve Jobs
A Holiday Party Never Hurt Anyone
Following all of the in-office fun, we decided to throw in a holiday party at ZooTampa!